SLIDER

Bellybutton


Conrad's new obsession: his bellybutton.  He's also interested in my bellybutton, but I'm not about to document that!

This 13 month old crazy kid is at such a fun age!  He's entering the toddler stage but is still so much my baby.  His tiny body folded up against mine still feels so good.  This morning, Bron got him out of bed and Conrad came running straight to me for a hug.  Melt my heart!  He still needs me just as much as I need him.  Don't grow up too fast, Conrad!

I often wonder as he drifts off to sleep in my arms while nursing how many more times he'll do just that.  He's ready to be weaned but I'm holding off as long as possible because of how much I thoroughly enjoy the three times a day when we steal ten quiet minutes together to cuddle.  It's honestly the only time he holds still!

Conrad is perpetually on the go-go-go these days.  He is, by far, my most active, curious, and destructive child.  He also has a bit of a temper and has learned how to scream!  Conrad loves playing with doors of all kinds, tears books into pieces simply because he enjoys the ripping sound, and lifts off the vent covers just to stick items down the hole. One day I found my missing sock in one.

Another day, I turned on the shower to warm it up.  By the time I'd walked to the sink, Conrad had hopped right into the spray, clothes and all!  It wasn't long before he was completely soaked but having a ball.  He's since become my little showering companion.  There's no keeping him from the water!

Just recently, Conrad found an entire leftover Christmas candy bar.  He wore the biggest grin on his face and upon seeing me, ran the other direction!  He ran, giggling, to hide behind the couch.  It was sooo funny!  He knew he was being a tease.   

Finally, in the amount of time it took me to clean up his space after breakfast one morning, Conrad had opened the top drawer of his dresser for the first time and grabbed his lotion. I found him sitting on the floor giggling, hands and face and clothes and carpet all covered in white gobs.  Yikes! 

I'm laughing for now but I'm half scared of what our future holds with this kid!  Conrad is already keeping me on my toes!  But I love him.  I love him.  I love him.

No comments

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to leave me a message.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

© Nelson Notes • Theme by Maira G.